Who we are
Mushroom Marketing provides marketing and PR services to companies looking to grow.
By sharing your Personal Data with us, we will keep in touch with you and send you relevant quarterly updates.
Collection of Personal Data
In order to provide our services and website and for the other purposes set out in the ‘Use of Information’ section below, we collect and process Personal Data from our customers, potential customers and users of Mushroom Marketing managed websites. We may collect information from you such as, but not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, date of birth, gender and information about your use of our website and services (“Personal Data”). You are not required to provide us with all of the Personal Data listed above, but if you do not do so, we may not be able to effectively provide you with our services and information. In certain circumstances, you will need to provide us with specific categories of Personal Data (including name, email address and payment information) in order to enter into a contract with us and for us to perform that contract.
Why we collect and how we use your Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data in, but not limited to, the following ways:
- To provide our services to you, and to manage those services as you use them. For example, we will send you information about any developments.
- To enhance and improve our services and to request your participation in surveys, focus groups, or other initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our services.
- Internal purposes, such as website and system administration or internal audits and reviews.
- To communicate with you regarding services that may be of interest to you.
- To respond to your requests and enquiries.
- From time to time we may provide statistics about the usage levels of our website and other related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include information which will allow you to be identified.
- We may use the information you provide to us and which we obtain from other sources to better understand your interests so we can try to predict what other services and information you might be most interested in. This practice is called “profiling”, which we do in order to better enable us to tailor our interactions with you to make them more relevant and interesting.
We process your Personal Data for the above purposes on the following legal bases:
- When it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where such processing is necessary to carry out our contract with you or in order to enter into a contract with you.
- Our legitimate interests, in which it would be reasonable for you to expect us to process your Personal Data for the purposes of providing and enhancing the provision of our services and information.
- The consent of the data subject.
We will retain your information for as long as you have a contract with us, and for as long as it is necessary thereafter to meet other obligations. This period of retention is subject to our review and alteration.
Your Communication Preferences
We strive to provide you with relevant and useful information related to our services and industry news. You can update your communication preferences at any time by emailing [email protected]. Any promotional emails that we send will include a link at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe.
Sharing your Personal Data with third parties
We do not sell data to third parties.
We may obtain information about your interactions with our website and general internet usage by using a “cookie” file.
We use a cookie to allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our sites. They help us to understand which pages are visited most frequently and how visitors interact with our sites.
Third-Party cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners, such as Google or Adobe. They may be used by these companies to enable them to build a profile of your interests and show relevant advertisements on other sites. These cookies are based on identifying your browser and internet device.
In general, if you opt out of using cookies, it may affect your use of our website.
Transfer of Personal Data internationally
By providing us with your Personal Data, you acknowledge and agree that we may from time to time transfer any of your Personal Data to any of the third parties with whom we work to deliver our contract to you or to the offices of any of our agents or appointed representatives located around the world.
More information on the third parties with whom we may share your Personal Data is included in the privacy notice at the point where we ask for your details. It is likely that the identity and categories of such third parties will change and the privacy notices will be updated. It is your responsibility to review and understand the privacy notice prior to providing your Personal Data to us.
Security and Other
We use reasonable measures to strive to safeguard and secure the Personal Data shared with us. However, we do not accept responsibility for the security of any devices you may use to share it with us. Our security practices, processes or technology do not guarantee absolute security of your information and you should take all normal personal precautions such as, but not limited to, not sharing passwords, closing browsers, and not using public networks (e.g., internet cafes, etc.).
Any transmission of personal information to us is at your own risk.
Parents and Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Parents have the right to terminate the registration of a child under the age of 13 by contacting us using the information listed at the bottom of this policy.
Subject Access/User Rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about how we use your Personal Data.
- The right of access to your Personal Data and the right to have your data corrected or erased (which must be balanced with other rights and obligations).
- The right to restrict processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to not be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data.